POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Myths : Myths Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Myths
From: Invisible
Date: 10 Aug 2009 09:19:52
Message: <4a801e78$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.sdtimes.com/blog/post/2009/07/27/Everyonee28099s-talking-about-Haskell.aspx

"Despite its distance from traditional programming, and its relative
lack of common use, Haskell has become one of the most talked-about
languages on the Internet."

Um, WTF? No it hasn't!

If it weren't for the fact that I happen to use Haskell, I would never
have heard of it. And if that sounds like a tautology, I've never used
Python, don't know what Python code even looks like. But I've heard of
it. Ditto for PHP, Ruby, ASP, C# and so on. Never seen any code, never
used them, but I've certainly heard of them. Who the hell has heard of
Haskell?